Chapter 20 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering

Chapter 20 Review Questions

  1. Explain the location of the following: (a) nail bed, (b) matrix, (c) nail plate, (d) free edge, and (e) cuticle.
  1. Nail bed - the living skin that supports the nail plate as it grows toward the free edge
  2. Matrix - located at the base of the nail where the matrix and the connective tissue of the nail bed join.
  3. Nail plate - most visible and functional portion of the nail
  4. Free edge - tips of the nail plate
  5. Cuticle - the crescent of dead, colorless tissue attached to the nail plate around the base of the nail.
  1. What is the average growth rate of a nail? 1/10” (3.7 mm) per month
  2. What are five nail disorders that may be serviced by a manicurist? Discolored nail, Eggshell nail, Ridges,  Melanonychia, Onychophagy
  3. List five nail disorders that should not be serviced by a manicurist. Nail pterygium, Pincer or Trumpet nail, bruised nail, Leukonchia, Beau’s lines
  4. List the basic materials needed to perform a men’s manicure.
  • Disposable towels
  • Cotton balls
  • Gloves
  • Plastic spatula
  • Plastic bags
  • Metal trash can
  • Approved solution for jar sanitizer
  • Antiseptic
  1. What are the five basic nail shapes? Squoval, Round, Oval, Pointed, Square
  2. Identify nail shapes that look appropriate on a man’s hand. Most men prefer short nails. The square, round, or squoval shapes can be accomplished on shorter nail lengths and usually look the most appropriate on male hands.
  3. Name five hand massage techniques and four arm massage techniques.
  • Hand - Relaxation movement, joint movement, circular movement in palm, circular movement on wrist, circular movement on back of hand and fingers
  • Arm - Effleurage on arms, Friction massage movement, Kneading movement on arm, rotation of the elbow 
  1. Briefly list the steps of a basic manicure procedure.
  • Remove existing polish
  • Shape the nails
  • Soften the cuticle
  • Clean the nails
  • Dry the hand
  • Apply cuticle remover
  • Loosen cuticles
  • Remove loosely hanging tags of dead skin
  • Clean under free edge
  • Apply buffing powder or cream and buff
  • Apply cuticle oil
  • Bevel nails if necessary
  • Apply hand lotion and massage hands and wrist
  • Polish the nails with clear matte polish if desired
Explain the manner in which a chair-side manicure is performed. The manicurist performs the service at the barber chair. Usually placing a tray on their own lap or using a small table at hand.

Comments

  1. Hello everybody, I just want to give this great testimony to the whole public about a great man who helped me out of a serious illness. I have had HSV-1 AND HSV-2 VIRUS for good 2 years now and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the illness. All I have in my mind is, let me just give up because life is not interesting for me any longer and i also pray that God should accept my soul when ever I’m gone luckily for me, my kid sister run to me that she found a doctor in the INTERNET who can cure HSV-1 AND HSV-2 VIRUS. She helped me out with everything, the man asked for my details so he can prepare herbal medicine for me. After he was done consulting on my details he told me how my medicine will be prepare, after he was done preparing my medicine he sent me my medication and after using it for 7 days i later started noticing something different in my blood so I went for my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 VIRUS test and I was tested Negative, I’m so happy that I can say I’m not patient of HSV-1 AND HSV-2 anymore. If you have HSV-1 AND HSV-2 or any sickness,HIV/AID,HPV,CANCER,HEPATITIS B DIABETICS ALS,PENIS ENLARGEMENT please for your safety, contact DR.OLUTA VIA email address (dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com) or whats APP number +2349065326267

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Ehimare helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is drehimare3@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on Drehimare3@gmail.com Or whatsapp him via +1 (267) 691-1087

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering |

Chapter 19 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering

Chapter 7 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering |