Chapter 19 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering

Chapter 19 Review Questions

  1. Define haircoloring and lightening. Haircoloring is the science and art of changing the color of the hair. Hair lightening is the partial or total removal of natural pigment or artificial color from the hair.
  2. List the colors of the color wheel. Identify primary, secondary, and complementary colors. 
  • Red - Primary - Green
  • Yellow - Primary - Violet
  • Blue - Primary - Orange
  • Orange - Secondary - Blue
  • Green - Secondary - Red
  • Violet - Secondary - Yellow
  • Yellow-Orange - Tertiary - Blue-Violet
  • Yellow-Green - Tertiary - Red-Violet
  • Blue-Green - Tertiary - Red-Orange
  • Blue-Violet - Tertiary - Yellow-Orange
  • Red-Violet - Tertiary - Yellow-Green
  • Red-Orange - Tertiary - Blue-Green
  1. List four types of haircoloring products.
  • Temporary
  • Semipermanent
  • Demipermanent
  • Permanent
  1. Identify types of non-oxidation and oxidation hair color.
  • Temporary - Non-oxidation
  • Semipermanent - Non-oxidation
  • Demipermanent - Oxidation
  • Permanent - Oxidation
  1. Explain the difference between semipermanent and demipermanent haircolor products. Semipermanent haircolors aren’t mixed with developers. Demipermant haircolors are mixed with low-volume developers.
  2. List four types of permanent haircolor tints. 
  • Oxidation tints
  • Vegetable tints
  • Metallic or Mineral dyes
  • Compound dyes
  1. List the volumes of hydrogen peroxide used in haircoloring.
  • 5
  • 10
  • 20
  • 30
  • 40
  1. Explain how to test for sensitivities or allergies to haircolor products. Patch test help to reveal sensitivities and allergies to haircolor products
  • Apply gloves. Select the test area, either behind the ear extending partly into the hairline or on the inside of the elbow
  • Cleanse an area about the size of a quarter with mild soap and water
  • Dry the test area by patting with absorbent cotton or a clean towel
  • Prepare a small amount of the test solution according to the manufacturer’s directions.
  • Apply solution to the test area with cotton-tipped applicator.
  • Leave the test area uncovered and undisturbed for 24 hours.
  1. What is a strand test? The application of a coloring or lightening product to determine how the hair will react to the formula and the amount of time it will take to process
  2. What professional products use a single-process application? Double-process application? 
  • Single-process application - lightening agent, shampoo, aniline derivative tint, and an alkalizing agent to activate the peroxide.
  • Double-process application - hair lightener, tint or toner
  1. Explain the lightening process. Lighteners are chemical compounds that lighten hair by dispersing, dissolving, and decolorizing the natural or artificial hair pigment. The hair pigment goes through different stages of color as it lightens. The amount of change depends on how much pigment the hair has, the strength of the lightening agent, and length of time it is processed. During the decolorization process, natural hair may go through up to 10 stages of lightening from the darkest to the lightest: natural black hair can lighten through the brown and/or red stages to orange, gold, to yellow, and finally to pale yellow.
  2. List the products used to color beards and mustaches. 

  • Crayons
  • Pomades
  • Liquid pomades

Comments

  1. I want to use this opportunity to thank Dr Oseremen for the good work he has done for me and my cousin sister, I was cured from herpes virus through his herbal remedy and my cousin sisters was also cured from Cancer. This is a grate testimony for what Dr Oseremen Has done for me and my entire generation. I’m giving this testimony so that those of you out there can contact him while he keeps saving my relatives. Send him a Dm and get a better health totally. Contact him via WhatsApp +2349056394313 or Email address: Dr.Oseremenvadi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everybody, I just want to give this great testimony to the whole public about a great man who helped me out of a serious illness. I have had HSV-1 AND HSV-2 VIRUS for good 2 years now and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the illness. All I have in my mind is, let me just give up because life is not interesting for me any longer and i also pray that God should accept my soul when ever I’m gone luckily for me, my kid sister run to me that she found a doctor in the INTERNET who can cure HSV-1 AND HSV-2 VIRUS. She helped me out with everything, the man asked for my details so he can prepare herbal medicine for me. After he was done consulting on my details he told me how my medicine will be prepare, after he was done preparing my medicine he sent me my medication and after using it for 7 days i later started noticing something different in my blood so I went for my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 VIRUS test and I was tested Negative, I’m so happy that I can say I’m not patient of HSV-1 AND HSV-2 anymore. If you have HSV-1 AND HSV-2 or any sickness,HIV/AID,HPV,CANCER,HEPATITIS B DIABETICS ALS,PENIS ENLARGEMENT please for your safety, contact DR.OLUTA VIA email address (dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com) or whats APP number +2349065326267

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Ehimare helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is drehimare3@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on Drehimare3@gmail.com Or whatsapp him via +1 (267) 691-1087

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering |

Chapter 7 Review Questions | Milady's Standard Professional Barbering |